Have you guys seen these 30 Day Marriage/Relationship challenges around? There's a very much faith-based one from Revive Our Hearts here, which is awesome. And, there's this one from iMom which I started yesterday! I am excited to do this one- it really is just a collection of very simple things that can make a huge difference in a marriage. Some of them won't be hard at all, like kissing my hubby first thing in the morning or telling him how glad I am he picked me. ;) I do those things every day. There are some that are going to be terribly hard- like today's challenge, do not correct him. I'm very, very bad about that. Day 13 is gonna be a KILLER for my sarcastic butt & so is Day 19 because my husband is always doing something around here for me! However, I'm committed to it and I can't wait to wake up on January 31st after having completed it and maybe be able to look back at some kind of improvements between me and my man!
iMom has this in printable form here if you want to do this challenge as well! Here is the list:
30 Day Marriage Challenge
2) Go a whole day without correcting your husband.
3) Hug him three times today
4) Kiss him first thing in the morning.
5) Tell yourself "He really loves us & is doing his best."
6) Buy or make his favorite food.
7) Leave him a sweet note.
8) Plan one date night this month.
9) Imagine how it feels to be in his shoes.
10) Focus on kindness.
11) Tell him how glad you are you married him.
12) Pray for wisdom in being a wife.
13) Do not use sarcasm with him today.
14) Remember that being a wife is a blessing.
15) Think only positive thoughts about your husband.
16) Thank him for all he does for our family.
17) Laugh with your husband today.
18) Who is a wife you admire? Try to be more like her.
19) Don't ask him to do any chores or honey-do's.
20) Today focus on patience.
21) Forgive him for a mistake today.
22) Assume the best about your husband.
23) Treat him with respect today.
24) Do not interrupt your husband when he's talking
25) Ask your husband's opinion on something.
26) Encourage your husband.
27) Do one thing good for his health.
28) Look at him admiringly.
29) Turn off your phone, computer when he is talking.
30) Today's focus, just love.
Wish me luck and I wish you the same!